Page redirected to
Update Info for EED
Current version is 3.12
- Use the Update function in EED -
Version 3.12 update
Corrected error message that was wrong in version 3.11:
message “Warning: Fluid minimum temp. accuracy not met!” was sometimes shown when using F9 (solve mean fluid temp) even though simulation was ok.
Version 3.11 update
- Graphics added for borehole and heat exchanger, see figures
below. Shank spacing may graphically be changed for U-pipes.
- Thermal conductivity added for filling material in the case with coaxial heat
- Graphics added for borehole configuration, see example picture
below with 16 boreholes in an L2-configuration.
- More solutions found for cases with large borehole spacings (>55 m).
- A few corrected error messages.
Version 3.10 update
- Smaller fix if english units is used: Some values shown in output window for
Monthly energy profile were not displayed correctly (sum of "factors" and "loads")
- Exporting to xls-file in optimization window: If number of rows was less than
20, an error was shown
- Language files complete for English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Dutch, French,
German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish (Castilian),
Version 3.09 update
- The flow rate in the borehole was calculated wrong when option "for all
boreholes" was used
- Maximum value for series factor now increased from 10 to 99
- If series factor is larger than number of boreholes, the flow rate in the
borehole Qbh will now be the same as specified flow Q
Version 3.08 update
- Support and language file for Greek added
- Language files complete and corrected for English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian,
Spanish (Castilian), Swedish, Turkish, Portuguese, Polish and Dutch
Version 3.07 update
- Error in 3.06 fixed (the curves for peak heat and cool load were mixed with the basic load
- New files for surface temperature and heat flux (June 16, 2008)
- Language files complete for English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian,
Spanish (Castilian), Swedish, Turkish, Portuguese, Polish and Dutch (June 16,
[Included in updates above]
New files for surface temperature and heat flux are available.
Download the zip-file and extract the files to the directory
where EED is located (e.g. C:\Program
Files\Blocon\EED_3) and replace the old files.
surface temperatures and ground heat flux now cover several locations in
AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BULGARIA, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND,
FRANCE, GERMANY (over 60 locations), GREECE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ITALY,
LATVIA, LIECHTENSTEIN, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MACEDONIA, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY,
POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, SERBIA, SLOWAKIA, SLOWENIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN,
SWITZERLAND, TURKEY, and UNITED KINGDOM.
EED_Database.zip (June 16, 2008)
Data are mainly taken from national meteorological services and
from different editions of EU geothermal atlas.
Language support for EED 3.0
[Compare dates for updates above. If date for zip-file is
after the update version, please download zip-file below to assess the latest
The following languages are available in EED 3.0:
Download this zip-file and extract the files to the directory where the language
folder is located (e.g. C:\Program Files\Blocon\EED_3\Languages) and replace the old files. Choose language in EED
(menu item Settings/Language).
EED does not yet support unicode characters. We hope to be able
to add this later on. However you can find the translation into Chinese
(and all other languages)
in the following excel file:
EED_Languages_xls.zip (August 25, 2008)
Help needed for translation into other languages
We offer a free license of EED Multi-lingual if
you make a valid translation into a new language (add a column in
If you wish to contribute, please contact us first in case of that no other is
currently working on it.
At the moment, we need translations made for the following languages:
Finnish, Japanese, Korean, Czech, Slovene, Serbo-Croatian, Russian,
Indonesian, Hindi, Slovak, Urdu, Arabic, Farsi.
There are about 1100 words to translate.
A good start for the translation work can be here:
How to create files for a new language
New language files
can easily be created and edited. There are three files for the menu text, the
input dialogue text, and the output text:
Menu text: Lang_menu_***.txt
Input text: Lang_in_***.txt
Output text: Lang_out_***.txt
"***" should be replaced by the ISO 639-2 Code, see
Swedish files are named
If you create new language files please consider to email these to
email@example.com and we will make these available to others.
Create/Add/Edit languages in menu item Settings/Options, see
Write the translation to the left (here in German).